Bengaluru: A fire broke out in a newly constructed unoccupied office space at Bagmane Tech Park in HAL area late on Saturday night and a fireman sustained injuries after he fell from the building while trying to douse it.
Fire and emergency services officials said they received an alert about the fire around 10.25pm. Fourteen fire tenders were dispatched and around 45 firemen managed to douse the fire by 2.30am.
Sources said the fire was caused by a suspected short circuit on the fourth floor where interior design work was on. Security guards first noticed the fire around 10pm and attempted to put it off with the help of construction labourers residing in the building. Madharaj, an electrician, alerted the fire control room after the blaze engulfed the entire floor.
Fire and emergency services personnel rushed to the spot with a water tanker and water bowsers. They sought assistance from more vehicles after noticing that the fire was spreading quickly. Two air ladder platforms were also deployed. “The chairs, sofas, tables, mat and other items on the fourth floor were gutted,” an official said.
Meanwhile, Vinay Kumar, a fireman attached with Mahadevapura station, was injured as he fell from a rope while climbing down from the fourth floor. He was rushed to a private hospital where he is under observation.